[PD] comment object

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sat Oct 24 19:33:10 CEST 2009

On Sat, 24 Oct 2009, IOhannes zmölnig wrote:

> well, a "comment" is a comment rather than an advertising "label" or
> whatever. i guess it is meant mainly for internal documentation of the
> patch (like "for unknown reasons these two objects must not be connected
> if you don't want a crash"). therefore comment was deemed to be
> unnecessary for gop.

Btw, I am using a [cnv]'s label to make text appear thru a GOP, but now,
how do I make spaces run portably? I am using nbsp (non-breaking spaces)
so that it works in pd (in non-dd branches), but pd-extended 0.41 on OSX
assumes iso-latin-1 whereas pd-extended 0.42 on Ubuntu 9 assumes utf-8,
and so, the spaces that i made on Ubuntu and look fine on Ubuntu look like
pairs of empty squares on OSX. any ideas?