[PD] [OT] advice about low budget multichannel hardware configs

jurgen noise.now at gmail.com
Sun Oct 25 08:50:32 CET 2009

You have to be realistic - 25 channels is an extremely hardware
ineffective configuration because audio interfaces come by increments
of 8. Meaning for 25 channels you need 4 of those.
I believe you can do it cheapest if you use OS X: you may borrow from
friends any brand of device and then create in OS X an 'aggregate'
device. This combines any number of any audio interfaces into one big
virtual interface that you then can address with jack. It also solves
the problem of the 25th channel because the aggregate device may
include the machines in-built audio hardware on top of fw/usb things.

Good luck
Jurgen