[PD] PdLANParty

Chris McCormick chris at mccormick.cx
Mon Oct 26 18:11:47 CET 2009

Hi All,

I've updated PdLANParty to make it easier to write your own servers:

<http://mccormick.cx/projects/PdLANParty/>

Example code from the README file:

Set up a new PdLANServer object:

	p = PdLANParty() # create the server
	p.Launch() # launch the server off in a separate thread

Use the PdLANServer object to communicate with all patches. Something like this
should go in your main-loop:

	p.PostMessage(['drum', '5', 'bang'])	# send a message to all connected patches
	p.GetMesssages() # get an array of arrays containing messages from clients

Here is an example of what kind of data will be sent and received:

	Pd Client connects
	Server receives: ['connected', '1']
	Pd Client receives: server ip 192.168.2.113;
	Pd Client receives: server id 1;
	Server sends: ['drum', '5', 'bang']
	Pd Client receives: drum 5 bang;
	Pd Client sends: this is my test;
	Server receives: ['this', 'is', 'my', 'test']

Hope this is useful to someone.

Best,

Chris.