[PD] noob: mod~

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue Oct 27 17:20:58 CET 2009

Hallo,
Andy Wilson hat gesagt: // Andy Wilson wrote:

> as there seems to be no mod~ object, how might I achieve the same effect?
>
> ie, lets say I have a line~ going from -50 to 1050 to play back from a
> table, but my table is only 1000 samps wide, so I want to mod the line
> <mod~ 1000>

You can use [wrap~] to replace it to some extent. [wrap~] will output the
fractional part of a signal, that is, the part between integer values.

In your case you could use:

 [/~ 1000]

 [wrap~]

 [*~ 1000]

to restrict all signals to lie between 0 and 1000. Beware that [wrap~] has a
longstanding bug in that [wrap~] of [sig~ 0] gives "1" as result instead of 0
as per specification. If it's important, you can statically add a [sig~ 1] to
[wrap~].

Also see here: http://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-list/2007-05/049748.html
for an older [mod~] question.

Ciao