[PD] Gem-0.92.1 on OSX 10.5.8

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Wed Oct 28 14:40:37 CET 2009

On Oct 28, 2009, at 9:37 AM, Claude Heiland-Allen wrote:

> Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

>>> what you are doing wrong is not reading the READMEs that come with
>>> the
>>> package.
>>>
>>> apart from that, hans has already given the answer.
>> How about distributing Gem as Gem.pd_darwin?  Then it will just
>> work everywhere.
>
> How about fixing pd-extended to support at least as many features as
> pd?
>
> Otherwise the 'extended' is a bit of a misnomer :)

That's the point.  .d_fat is _definitely_ not a feature.  It is a
kludge that solves no problems, and only causes them.

All mankind is of one author, and is one volume; when one man dies,
one chapter is not torn out of the book, but translated into a better
language; and every chapter must be so translated.... -John Donne