[PD] still troubles with gui freezes on Pd-extended 0.41.4

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Thu Oct 29 21:06:09 CET 2009

It seems to be fixed in 0.42.5.  I looked at backporting, its
complicated and not worth it.  Its a much better use of time to put
that effort into making 0.42.5 work better.  Try using 0.42.5 nightly
build of Pd-extended and see if the bug is still there.

.hc

On Oct 29, 2009, at 9:02 AM, Ivica Ico Bukvic wrote:

> It appears I've hit the bug yet once again. Namely, Pd-gui's
> numbers/sliders freeze after a while, yet ironically dynamic changes
> iemgui objects' attributes (e.g. background color) continue to work.
> Pd
> audio thread also continues to work uninterrupted.
>
> Has this been fixed in newer Pd versions? If so, could someone please
> share the relevant bug-fix so that we can backport it to 0.41.4.
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Ico

If nature has made any one thing less susceptible than all others of
it to himself; but the moment it is divulged, it forces itself into
the possession of everyone, and the receiver cannot dispossess himself
of it.            - Thomas Jefferson