[PD] life as a new media artist

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Thu Oct 29 21:47:43 CET 2009

The day job is a wonderful thing when you find a good one.  I do a lot
of random technical freelancing and some sound design, plus I teach
workshops and university courses.  That gives me lots flexible time to
work on what I want to.

Here's the last big project that was done from our own pockets for our
own satisfaction.  It has nothing to do with pd, in fact we didn't
even use computers anywhere in the process:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTeevHnWmNQ

.hc

On Oct 29, 2009, at 11:38 AM, Py Fave wrote:

> i wouldn't rely on artistic works to have something to eat for me
> and family.
>
> I find it rather difficult to be paid for personal work.
> i wish money would'nt interfere with creativity.
> the economic model of art is so different of industry.
>
> i work as an editor for a (quite cheap) living but sometimes i find
> it interesting to be part of artistic things
> it makes my day more beautiful.
>
> artistic projects needs  much more personnal  investment
>
> imagine a kind of switch : (ARTIST ON / ARTIST OFF)
>
> until glory and fame of course AHAHAHAHAH
>

> 2009/10/29 Adityo Pratomo <quietdidit at gmail.com>
> hi there everyone!
>
> well, my question would be very simple this time. Is there anyone
> here make a living as a new media artist? If yes, how do you get
> money to financially funding your project while still gaining money
> for personal usage or eve for providing your family? or do you have
> another job?
>
> Thank you for answering :)
>
> --
> mataharipertama.wordpress.com

"Free software means you control what your computer does. Non-free
software means someone else controls that, and to some extent controls
you." - Richard M. Stallman