[PD] More on pd-ext-devel on windows

João Pais jmmmpais at googlemail.com
Fri Oct 30 01:28:20 CET 2009

Hi,

a couple more snippets of information in the version downloaded some days
ago (I have no reference now to the concrete version):

- shift-select doesn't work, it's as if shift wouldn't be pressed.
- windows don't save their positions/size, even when the patch is saved
when they're on focus.
Which reminds me of a tuning up of a feature: Is it possible to save the
current size of subwindows, when the focus is in any part of the patch?
F.e. if I change the size of a subwindow, this size will only be retained
if I save the patch with the subpatch on focus. If I'm on another
subpatch, the new window size won't be retained.

- when a patch window is open, the window shows up and hides the sliders
almost immediately (it takes around 1/10 sec.). That provokes a small cpu
peak (up to 20% on my old thinkpad).

- when creating a send/receive name for any gui object, the $ get replaced
with #.

A feature request more than a bug: home and end don't really work properly
while editing comments/objects. up+down arrow do their job. Although it
would make more sense if home+end would work, and up+down would move the
cursor above/below.

And something strange just happened: I installed the latest version of
42.5 again, and the tcl/tk properties' dialogs are also with very small
font size (like the path window before).

Best,

João Pais

--
Friedenstr. 58