[PD] pd-extended bugs

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Fri Oct 30 16:09:16 CET 2009

Hey Ivica,

Let's keep this on the pd-list so we have a record of it and others
can contribute.

Those bugs are known, and in the bug tracker, as far as I know.  As
far as visual display bugs in Pd-extended, I'm not going to look at
those until I start working on Pd-extended 0.43 and incorporating the
new GUI.  But patches are welcome if anyone wants to try their hand at
that beforehand.

The code in pd.tk that makes the scrollbars hide is based on "pack
forget", search for that.

.hc

On Oct 30, 2009, at 10:49 AM, Ivica Ico Bukvic wrote:

> Hans,
>
> Not sure if you were aware of this but both 0.41.4 and 0.42.5 have
> following
> 2 bugs (I am not looking at 0.43 right now since it is still under
> development):
>
> 1) undo patch cord color reverts to black rather than gray (I
> suspect this
> is somewhere in c code)
> 2) when restoring patcher windows sometimes the viewport gets reset
> (as if
> it does not retain the offset value) This one might be a bit tougher
> trace down. I messed a bit with it and did some clean-up but it is
> still not
> quite there
>
> BTW, do you have a good way to suggest where one could intercept
> scrollbar
> scrolling to disable scrollbars? Usually it is linked to xview or
> yview but
> those are built-in commands. Can we link such commands to a second
> command
> or do we need to link the canvas set command to something else?
>
> Any examples would be most appreciated...
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Ivica Ico Bukvic, D.M.A.
> Composition, Music Technology
> Director, DISIS Interactive Sound & Intermedia Studio
> Assistant Co-Director, CCTAD
> CHCI, CS, and Art (by courtesy)
> Virginia Tech
> Dept. of Music - 0240