[PD] problem with pd~ and GEM

Jaime Oliver jaime.oliver2 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 31 12:12:38 CET 2009

Hi all,

I am using pd-0.42-5 and recent GEM from svn in fedora 10.

I am trying to call a pd~-subpatch with live video in GEM from an
audio parent patch. everything works fine on it's own instance.

I have started pd~ with the args:

pd~ -ninsig 2 -noutsig 2 -fifo 20
pd~ -ninsig 0 -noutsig 0 -fifo 20

the patch opens in both cases, but the live video isn't rendered.
The GEM window is unresponsive.
Destroying and Creating the window doesn't change it.
GL polygons are rendered at loading but are not rendered thereafter.
In general the gui seems to be not functioning properly, bangs looked
banged, messages stay thicker when pressed, windows don't close,
etc...

does anyone have any idea why could this be happening?
are people opening GEM patches as a pd~-subpatch?

Below are the errors:

best,

////GEM says:

video driver 0: video4linux2 v4l2
video driver 1: video4linux v4l
consistency check failed: canvas_vis
GEM: Direct Rendering enabled!
GEM: GLEW version 1.5.1
GEM: Start rendering
v4l2: changed size from 64x64 to 640x480
v4l2: GEM: pix_video: Opened video connection 0x1F

/// Every time I destroy and create the GEM window I get:

GEM: Stop rendering
GEM: Direct Rendering enabled!
GEM: GLEW version 1.5.1
GEM: Start rendering
v4l2: GEM: pix_video: Opened video connection 0x1F

///In the shell pd prints:

[root at calafia bin]# ./pd /home/joliverl/hand/audio/main.pd
priority 98 scheduling enabled.
priority 96 scheduling enabled.
priority 96 scheduling enabled.
priority 98 scheduling enabled.
Pd plug-in scheduler called, chans 2 2, sr 44100
socket receive error: Connection reset by peer (104)
priority 96 scheduling enabled.
priority 98 scheduling enabled.
Pd plug-in scheduler called, chans 0 0, sr 44100

/// pd prints, when closing the pd~-subpatch

error: pd~: Broken pipe