[PD] is there an object that emits bang when a subpatcher is restored?

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sat Oct 31 15:08:33 CET 2009

Hallo,
Ivica Ico Bukvic hat gesagt: // Ivica Ico Bukvic wrote:

> On Sat, 2009-10-31 at 21:43 +0800, jurgen wrote:
> > try [closebang] - read help file
> >
> > Jurgen
>
> Thanks for the info! However, this works when closing the entire patch
> but not sub-patchers. Likewise, I would need something that bangs when
> you open sub-patchers. I guess "restore" was the wrong terminology to
> use here.

Depending on your goals, the following may be a solution: You can open and
close not only by clicking on it, but also by sending the message "vis 0/1" to
the subpatch-receiver. Example:

 [pd mysub]

 [tgl]

 [vis $1(

 [s pd-mysub]

If you only open or close a subpatch this way, you can follow any state
changes by reading from [r pd-mysub].

Ciao
--
Frank