[PD] what is the purpose of following options on canvas properties?

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sat Oct 31 23:29:51 CET 2009

Hallo,
Ivica Ico Bukvic hat gesagt: // Ivica Ico Bukvic wrote:

> I am having a hard time understanding what is the purpose of following
> options on the canvas properties window. they apparently have no effect
> on 0.42.5:
>
> X units per pixel
> Y units per pixel
>
> and
>
> X range from/to
> Y range from/to

They are used in graph on parent (GOP) subpatches/abstractions and with canvases
displaying data structures (DS). Maybe they are used somewhere else, too, but these
are the cases, where I have changed these properties.

For data structures you can scale the displayed values by changing the X/Y
units settings. A common use is to invert the y-axis so larger values are
painted above smaller ones.

X/Y ranges come into play with GOP: If you have a canvas with a DS inside, you often
want to make the ranges be the same as the X/Y "size" of the canvas.

Ciao
--
Frank