[PD] [PD-dev] CUDA discussion

Charles Henry czhenry at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 16:32:39 CET 2009

>> b) how to do it right.
>
> I did have an idea that went something like this:
>
> 1. write ugens in Faust, compile them into dsp objects, link, load
> 2. write a transaction-based patcher environment (or dataflow language)
> wherein transactions (such as multiple object creation deletion connection
> etc) can be committed atomically (with OSC-style bundle time tags etc)
> 3. translate the generated networks of dsp objects back to Faust code
> 4. compile that Faust code into a new dsp object, link, load, run
> 5. rinse, repeat
>
> So, an OpenCL backend (instead of C++ backend) for Faust is the missing
> link...
>

> Claude
> --
> http://claudiusmaximus.goto10.org

Okay, you've gone way beyond my area of knowledge already :)  OpenCL
sounds cool.  I hadn't seen that one yet.  The development platform
with Faust is completely foreign to me--I don't think I can reply back
to you with anything good.  Probably, if we come up with anything in
the way of top-down design, we should be able to apply the same
framework to different platforms and make comparisons.

Chuck