[PD] Pduino - error compiling firmware and analog inputs problem

Ignacio Viano ignacioviano at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 05:39:50 CET 2009

Hello. I've just got an Seeeduino ATmega168 (100% compatible with Arduino
Duemilanove). [OS X Leopard, PD-extended 0.41.4].

When trying to compile the firmware "StandardFirmata" (downloaded from
http://at.or.at/hans/pd/objects.html#pduino) I get this error:

* In function 'void setPinModeCallback(byte, int)':*
*error: 'FIRST_SERVO_PIN' was not declared in this scope In function 'void
analogWriteCallback(byte, int)':*
* In function 'void sysexCallback(byte, byte, byte*)':*
* In function 'boolean isServoSupportedPin(byte)':*

After that I compiled "SimpleAnalogFirmata" succesfuly but, when testing the
comunication with PD I noticed that the Analog-In-Values were being updated
at a very small rate (2 or 3 times a second).

This prints PD when I start comunication with Arduino:

*[comport] closed /dev/tty.Bluetooth-PDA-Sync*
*get_baud_ratebits: 57600.000000*
*set_baudrate baudbits: 57600*
*[comport] opened serial line device 2 (/dev/tty.usbserial-A7004HQU)*

The baudrate seems to be fine.

My questions are:

¿Which firmware should I use if I want all analog (pots) and digital
(buttons) inputs?
¿Any ideas about the error I get trying to compile "StandardFirmata"?
¿Any ideas about that extremely small data rate?

Greets and thanks
Ignacio