[PD] cooled~ for OSX intel

dmotd inaudible at simplesuperlativ.es
Wed Nov 4 16:44:15 CET 2009

hard off wrote:
> ^
> the mail above is also an example of why i don't want to release my stuff so
> much.
>
> all the patch is there, i am keeping no secrets.  but still people expect me to
> do all the work to add features to something which i gave them for free and for
> which they can modify as they like.
>
> i get the feeling that a lot of the pd people are connected with universities
> and get some income from there. but i am just a single person who does not have
> any such affiliation, and i just do pd to amuse myself.  it does get quite
> annoying that everything i give to people, i get "feature requests" for.  i am
> giving you the whole patch.  you can modify it for yourself.

yup well said - except i can't say i
have any such feeling for peoples
individual financial containment.

to say someone is employed by here or
there, means nothing to their output and
the ammount of free time they are giving
to such and such a project, so please
don't make such generalisations in the
future.

in terms of code then yeah, you are
right, what you have distributed is a
great resource for anyone to improve on,
ecxcept.. if you don't release your work
and give it a licesne then you are not
really allowing your work to be further
edited and redistrubuted..
(perhaps you are more worried that
people will make better of your own work
than you do yourself, but in that case
who's the fool?)

i understand your frustration with
endless requests for variation and