[PD] Pduino - error compiling firmware and analog inputs problem

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Wed Nov 4 19:35:09 CET 2009

On Nov 4, 2009, at 10:34 AM, Ignacio Viano wrote:

> I'd already done it, but it didn't  answer my questions. I tried
> redownloading Firmata-2.1beta7 but from firmata.org and it worked
> fine. I dont' know what could happen.

> Another question:
>
> It's ok if I modify line 38 of "StandardFirmata" and change the
> samplingInterval from 19ms to, for instance, 1ms or 0.5ms or it'll
> be useless or dangerous?
>
> Thanks for your work, it's quite helpful.
> Ignacio

That 19ms timing is carefully tuned to best handle the FTDI USB-serial
chips buffers.  Making it lower, especially as low as 1ms, could cause
huge jitter, like timing between packets ranging between 1 and 400ms
instead of 10-30ms.

So its only worth changing that value if you are going to do real
loopback testing to see if you can get stable results.

                   ¡El pueblo unido jamás será vencido!