[PD] still troubles with gui freezes on Pd-extended 0.41.4

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Thu Nov 5 05:47:11 CET 2009

On Oct 30, 2009, at 2:02 AM, Ivica Ico Bukvic wrote:

>> thing I noticed that was kind of nifty in the new tcl sources is a
>> check
>> to see whether a particular canvas has been loaded. Namely,
>> variable ::loaded($mycanvas) which effectively (if I am not mistaken)
>> generates a member in the global ::loaded array and which is exactly
>> what I needed.
>
> Actually, this variable is a bad example as it does get deallocated
> but
> ::yscrollsomething($mycanvas) and another variable for x axis to the
> best of
> my knowledge does not get deallocated. So, I guess the question
> remains
> hopefully relevant...
>
> Please advise.
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Ico

Like many dynamic lnaguages, Tcl has garbage collection, so its not
really a big deal.  Ideally variables would be 'unset', but I don't
think you'll get a memory leak if you don't.

http://wiki.tcl.tk/3096

"It is convenient to imagine a power beyond us because that means we
don't have to examine our own lives.", from "The Idols of
Environmentalism", by Curtis White