[PD] using pix_mix to mix past images with present

John Harrison johnharrisonwsu at gmail.com
Sun Nov 8 02:39:38 CET 2009

Hmm. This worked for you? I get a seg fault with your patch when I click on
[create, 1(. I could get it to start w/out a seg fault by disconnecting the
[t a b ] from the [gemlist], then clicking on the [create, 1( then
reconnecting [t a b] to [gemlist], but then it doesn't work. I only see what
is coming from the camera and not any sort of mix. No errors reported
either.

What I am suspecting and what I thought your patch might also be showing is
that I need 2 rendering chains to use [pix_mix] and that having the images
to mix in separate buffers but from the same rendering chain is not
sufficient. But I'm not sure why that would be the case for a pix_ object so
I could also be making up random rules for stuff I don't understand --- thus
my initial question.

So basically I have a solution as I show in my original patch I sent. But
I'm looking for the "why" now.

I'm running Gem 0.91.3 and Pd 0.41.3 extended on Jaunty.

Thanks,

-John