[PD] build 64 bit again ...

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Sun Nov 8 13:54:10 CET 2009

On 11/08/2009 04:14 AM, András Murányi wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 7, 2009 at 3:59 AM, Dan Wilcox <danomatika at gmail.com
> <mailto:danomatika at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Ok,
>
>     64 bit Ubuntu Karmic
>
>     So I have a script to grab pd-extended and build a package ... but
>     still the same weird table bugs as the last time I tried.  The
>     Analog Sequencer example sounds aliased and higher pitched.  I
>     made sure to force the CFLAGS to -m64, but the pd binary itself
>     still has this issue.  The 64 bit puredata Ubuntu package does not
>     have this problem.
>

> hi Dan,
>
> for me it was -fPIC had i had to insert at some places (no -m64) and
> at the and everything compiled successfully on my AMD, from these sources:
>
>     svn co
>     https://pure-data.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/pure-data/trunk/
>     pure-data
>     cd pure-data
>     svn co
>     https://pure-data.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/pure-data/branches/pd-extended/0.42/pd
>     svn co
>     https://pd-gem.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/pd-gem/branches/0.92/Gem
>

> Andras
I didn't have a problem compiling ... it's just that the table bug is
not resolved in pd-extended 0.41.4.  Using the current svn as you
suggest also compiles fine and gives me a pd without the table bug ...
but now I have the bleeding edge, as-yet unfinished gui .... sigh.

Is there a patch for the pd-extended 0.41.4 pd source for the table
bug?  That's all I really need right now as I can build the externals ok.