[PD] compiling externals on snow leopard

Rich E reakinator at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 00:58:55 CET 2009

I've been trying to get my externals to compile in to use with
Pd-extended... in OS X Snow Leopard. So far it hasn't been easy because
Pd-extended is i386 and my externals are compiling as x86_64.

All I can find on this is to force the build to i386 with the gcc flag
'-arch i386', but the linker won't allow it:

ld: warning: in incr.o, file is not of required architecture

and then, I again have the 64 bit version:
$ file incr.pd_darwin
incr.pd_darwin: Mach-O 64-bit bundle x86_64

Anyone know how to get these guys to work with Pd-extended?

Rich