[PD] how to nqpoly?

João Pais jmmmpais at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 9 17:20:05 CET 2009

> Depening on what kind of polyphonic patch you want to do, there are some
> newer
> alteratives to nqpoly4.
>
> If you want to polyphonize a simple midi instrument that accepts
> pitch/velocity
> pairs with [makenote] syntax, I'd recommend u_makepoly from the rj
> library.  To
> polyphonize oneshot instruments like drums, use u_robinpoly or
> u_robinpolymono.
>
> All three come with extensive help files.

ah, I didn't say that. basically there are simple synth patches (with
audio, all output for a main [throw~]) that take in lists with parameters.
the lists come from a "score" of data structures arrays (for now up to 6
parameters/arrays), at a rate of 100 a second. so I guess no midi or
oneshot type events. anyway I'll look at your suggestions.

unrelated: since you mentioned the rj library, I think it might be
interesting (at least for me) to pack that library in pd-extended. does
this makes sense/is practicable for you guys?

> There also is [polypoly] or the variations that Hans once did and posted
> here
> (check the archive for that.)

I saw nqpoly5. but since it's not even in pd-extended, I assumed it's not
very stable/used.

>> So, I wanted to ask:
>> - what is the most current version of nqpoly?
>
> The one in the Sourceforge svn is the current one, but it's already
> quite old
> and I would first try the suggestions above.

will do.

João