[PD] how to nqpoly? - dynamic event polyphony & nqpoly5 + 6

João Pais jmmmpais at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 9 19:53:54 CET 2009

> Depening on what kind of polyphonic patch you want to do, there are some
> newer
> alteratives to nqpoly4.

hi, some more development about this. I've been trying the rjlib, and I
think it doesn't suit me. what I have are events with x duration (as
example between .1 - 5 sec), which are fed parameters read from data
structure arrays at the speed of 10ms. So, one "note" receives each 10ms a
list of parameters, until it's finished. It would be like I had a midi
note down, and would change a controller. But if I got it right, these
poly patches are made to handle oneshot events. Is there a way of making
sure that pitch x goes to synth x, with the parameters attached?

Attached is an excerpt of the score. 6 parameters for each event, and
these last for ~1.5 secs.

About nqpoly5 and 6: does [initbang] still exist? I don't have it in
pd-ext, and replacing it with [init] doesn't work. the connections on the
dynamic patch aren't created in the right places.

João