[PD] rj dirlib [was: Re: how to nqpoly?]

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue Nov 10 09:47:04 CET 2009

Hallo,

> I forgot to add, that you can also use any libdir in this manner that
> you describe above, dropping it into your project folder.  The only
> difference that I can see in your dirlib format as it stands now is that
> a libdir has a mylibrary-meta.pd file in it, and can be loaded like any
> other lib using [import], [declare] or "pd -lib" as long as you have the
> libdir loader

The important aspect is that the rj dirlib has (practically) no external
dependencies. You cannot just drop e.g. "mapping" into your project directory
the same way. You first have to install pd-extended or or something similar.
The rj dirlib OTOH can be used with plain, extended or condensed distributions
of Pd. Freedom of choice.

Ciao
--
Frank