[PD] how to nqpoly? - dynamic event polyphony & nqpoly5 + 6

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue Nov 10 12:43:16 CET 2009

Hallo,
João Pais hat gesagt: // João Pais wrote:

> hi, some more development about this. I've been trying the rjlib, and I
> think it doesn't suit me. what I have are events with x duration (as
> example between .1 - 5 sec), which are fed parameters read from data
> structure arrays at the speed of 10ms. So, one "note" receives each 10ms
> a list of parameters, until it's finished. It would be like I had a midi
> note down, and would change a controller. But if I got it right, these
> poly patches are made to handle oneshot events. Is there a way of making
> sure that pitch x goes to synth x, with the parameters attached?

Maybe you don't need any poly-clone at all? What you describe sounds as if a
simple pool of objects could serve you just as well. E.g. with voice.pd you
could create them as:

 [voice 0]
 [voice 1]
 [voice 2]

To create this, some simple dynamic patching could be used, just send "obj 100
$1 voice $2"-messages to [s pd-myvoices] to create them in [pd myvoices].
where $1 is about 30 times $2 and $2 is a counter from 0.

Then inside of voice.pd have a global receiver and route messages by $1:

 [r voice-params]

 [route $1]

 [s $0-my-params]

> Attached is an excerpt of the score. 6 parameters for each event, and
> these last for ~1.5 secs.

Ah, I think the attachment is missing. :)

Ciao
--
Frank