[PD] pow~, etc. in Pd-extended 0.42.5

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Wed Nov 11 18:52:51 CET 2009

Pd-vanilla added pow~, abs~, exp~, and log~.  Pd-extended had those
from cyclone by default since 0.39.3.  IIRC, pow~ is the only one that
has issues since it it incompatible with the cyclone one.  So I am
wondering how best to handle this in the next Pd-extended release.

I have started making a 'vanilla' libdir that is all of the pd-
internals from 0.42.5.  This gives us the option to keep the cyclone
pow~ as the default and then access the new pow~ via vanilla/pow~ and
the standard declare/import styles.  So all you who use pow~ with Pd-
extended, what do you think the best plan is?

The other related issue is perhaps its time to remove the included
libs from loading by default...  Then people who want complete vanilla
compatibility would just load 'vanilla' and nothing else by default.
That would also provide a mechanism for backwards compatibility using
libs like vanilla-0.42.5, vanilla-0.41.4, etc.

"[T]he greatest purveyor of violence in the world today [is] my own
government." - Martin Luther King, Jr.