[PD] imager

Derek Holzer derek at umatic.nl
Wed Nov 11 23:37:03 CET 2009

Ah you must mean this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stereo_imaging

Your delay idea only covers one part of the psychoacoustics of the
stereo image: the difference in time when a sound reaches each ear.
Psychoacoustics are a bit more complicated than that I'm afraid. You
might look up HRTF (head related transfer functions) to get a better
idea of the time differences involved. But there are a lot of other
factors. An intro book on psychoacoustic might be a good place to start.

Maybe some of the ambisonics experts around here will chip in some other
things...

best,
Derek

--