[PD] Filling an audio array. Question..

Georg Werner georg at fricklr.de
Thu Nov 12 01:35:31 CET 2009

Hi,

Rory Walsh:
> I want to fill an audio array of 1024 samples with two exponential

in pd there are no "audio array"s its just how you use it

> curves, a simple attack and decay envelope. While I can easily create
> the curves I want I'm have a hard time putting them into an array.
> What is teh best practice for loading different curves into an audio
> array using tilde objects? I've attached a patch that creates the two
> curves, if anyone can show me how to get them into the array one after
> another I'd be most appreciative. I've tried to use a delay object
> with a 4 millsecond delay but that was no good for me. Again, any

i attached a version with delay. if you want to do other modifications
of the array than just putting thing behind each other the problem is
that [tabwrite~] has no possibility to write something at a specific
point but from start. for that you could in your case use [tabwrite] -
see above - you can play every array at audio speed. i also did an
example with [tabwrite] as an example.
i hope this helps.
g.

(see help->browser->5.reference->all_about_arrays.pd)