[PD] pow~, etc. in Pd-extended 0.42.5

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Thu Nov 12 03:22:48 CET 2009

If that is true, there could be a lot of patches out there that use
[pow~] as cyclone's pow~ and would need to be changed.  Therefore we'd
need to make some kind of way to alert people which one they are using
and the differences between them.  The SVN is pretty clean, there is
only one patch in there that uses [pow~]: (nusmuk/distortion.pd)

The vanilla pow~ does make more sense, IMHO.  I think the biggest
concern is minimizing breakage and helping people avoid annoying bugs.

.hc

On Nov 11, 2009, at 8:40 PM, hard off wrote:

> i think you have to look at which method would benefit the greatest
> amount of people.  so, i think you'll find that far more people will
> benefit from proper vanilla compatibility straight out of the box,
> than will benefit from the cyclone library.

If nature has made any one thing less susceptible than all others of
it to himself; but the moment it is divulged, it forces itself into
the possession of everyone, and the receiver cannot dispossess himself
of it.            - Thomas Jefferson