[PD] arduino problem with analog sensors

altern altern2 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 18:02:05 CET 2009

hi

not a PD question I guess...  i dont know much of electrical stuff. i am
connecting two analog sensors to the arduino. One is a pressure sensor
and the second a potentiometer, they are both from an old icube.

i noticed that when i raise the potentiometer (analog pin 5) the
pressure sensor (analog pin 2) reports values ranging 0 to ~0.16
increasing together as the potenciometer goes up. It is like some kind
of residual noise comming from pin 5 that goes into pin 0.

the power cables of both sensors go together to 5v inlet of the arduino
and the ground cables go to ground pin, each of the data cable goes to
its separate analog pin.

I am using arduino from Pure Data extended using latest Firmata, so i am
just filtering out any value smaller than 0.16 coming from analog pin 0.

is there anything I am doing wrong? or is this normal?

thanks

enrike