[PD] gem on ubuntu karmic?

olsen sesselastronaut at googlemail.com
Fri Nov 13 18:54:23 CET 2009

Aditya Mandayam wrote:
> this is indeed going out to the pd list at large :-)
okidoky

> http://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-list/2009-11/073902.html
>
> i launch pd by:
>
> $ pasuspender pd
>
> and output:
>
> GEM: Graphics Environment for Multimedia
> GEM: ver: 0.90
> GEM: compiled: May 14 2009
> GEM: maintained by IOhannes m zmoelnig
> GEM: Authors :	Mark Danks (original version on irix/windows)
> GEM: 		Chris Clepper (macOS-X)
> GEM: 		Daniel Heckenberg (windows)
> GEM: 		James Tittle (macOS-X)
> GEM: 		IOhannes m zmoelnig (linux/windows)
seems there's a version conflict as there's GEM: Graphics Environment
for Multimedia GEM: ver: 0.90
& i guess you would like to use the compiled version a.k.a. gem-svn
which should show up as GEM: ver: 0.93.CVS
so seems like you've an old gem version(0.90) installed
replace this one with your actual compiled version.

why are you opening pd with pasuspender?