[PD] Finding "$0" and dealing with it in messages

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Fri Nov 13 19:04:07 CET 2009

On Fri, 2009-11-13 at 18:08 +0100, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> >> The only thing i don't really get: Why seems there some agreement, that
> >> using $0 to get the selector could be confusing?
>
> because i want to get the selector of an object-box as well (it's name).

What the hell is the selector of an object box?

Not addressed to you directly, IOhannes:
What is so difficult about thinking the canvas identifier as an
implicitly given argument to a patch? If seen as that, it is not special
at all as it is used in objects. While currently it still has a special
status, how it is (not) used in message boxes.

I see, that i am not adding to this discussion anymore. Sorry for that.
Nevertheless, i'll fight against any change, that'll add
inconsistencies.

Roman