[PD] Finding "$0" and dealing with it in messages

Alexandre Porres porres at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 21:01:38 CET 2009

hmm, I am sorry, I don't think I got what you meant... could you give an
example please?

The way I see is that $1...$n are related to the inheritance concept. They
could be used inside [send~] & [receive~] objects to force some sort of
locality, but you can't really guarantee locality by that, it is just some
way around that is not 100% safe, cause if you have [s $1-gain] in an
abstraction, and $1 inheriting "A" for instance, a [s A-gain] object in a
parent patch (or even on another opened patch) would still get the value
globally.

cheers
alex