[PD] Finding "$0" and dealing with it in messages

Alexandre Porres porres at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 21:55:03 CET 2009

Oh, cool, yeah, that is a nice design, I see it now.

but anyways, I still see $0 as locality and the rest as inheritance, as you
are just still making a child inherit (by $1) a parent's local $0 ID.

> I personally love the idea of using $0 as the selector
> of the abstraction -- its name or filename, and $$ as
> its ID, but too late for that now.

now that wasn't clear for me, but if we keep on it I suggest we might need
to change the thread name maybe.

I hope this thread would stick to the point that the find feature could do a
better job by finding "$0", and that "$0" could be used in messages since it
is useless the way it is.

thanks
alex