[PD] Max4Live... How about Pd4Live?

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Sat Nov 14 01:23:08 CET 2009

I don't really know what Max4Live is, but I can say you've been able
to send/ receive audio to/from Pd using Jack for years.  I believe
that the Pd jack implementation supports at least 64 jack connections,
so if you use another Jack-enabled app, you can have up to 64 audio
connections between them.  People do this together with Ardour and
soft synths, I saw a very nice demo of this in 2007 by Lluis Carbonell.

The nice part of Max4Live is the GUI integration.  You could do that
with Pd the way Sven Koenig does: he tiles his windows so Ableton is
on the top half of the screen, and Pd is on the bottom half.

.hc

On Nov 13, 2009, at 6:18 PM, Jeffrey Concepcion wrote:

> Is it possible to integrate Pd with Ableton Live in a way similar to
> Max4Live, as a Live/Pd user (newbie really) this will be a very
> important issue in my work. As far as i know, Max4live includes many
> instruments that can be opened up in a Max canvas (similar to Pd)
> environment for editing, as well as allowing additional access to
> the inner workings of Live, http://www.ableton.com/maxforlive. I
> just wanted to verify if there is (or going to be) any movement to
> allow for such integration. i am already aware of Jack for sending
> audio directly from pd to live and vice versa(not sure about midi
> capabilities), but i'm refering to truly open possibilities that
> this type of integration will allow.
>
> Thanks,
>    Jeff
>
> --
> www.avmachinists.org Puerto Rico based Art Collective/ Non-Profit Org

'You people have such restrictive dress for women,’ she said, hobbling
away in three inch heels and panty hose to finish out another pink-
collar temp pool day.  - “Hijab Scene #2", by Mohja Kahf