[PD] PD with Ubuntu Karmic - no sound

Tom Dunstan gateswideopen at gmail.com
Sat Nov 14 02:21:34 CET 2009

I can get sound going with karmic fine out of the box with alsa. however,
its not connecting with jack.
any suggestions on why that might be? Ardour and jack are fine with rt...

Pd version 0.42.5-extended-20091103 Karmic 9.10 32bit
uname -a
Linux local  2.6.31-9-rt #152-Ubuntu SMP PREEMPT RT Thu Oct 15 05:01:14 UTC
2009 i686 GNU/Linux

thanks