[PD] Finding "$0" and dealing with it in messages

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Sun Nov 15 15:14:33 CET 2009

Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

>> this is exactly the question i asked; probably this was not so clear)
>

> I think omitting something here because you don't think its useful is
> not a good idea.  Instead, I think $@ should always expand unless that
> causes problems somewhere.  That's the spirit of flexibility that makes
> Pd good.

i think you totally misunderstand me.

$@ is implemented, this is not the problem.
the question i was asking is, what this will produce:

[1 2 3(

[mymsg bla-$@-blu(

i see 2 possibilities, and both seem weird.
they seem weirder when comparing them to single $@, like in
[mymsg $@ $@(

fmgasdr
IOhannes

it really seems to me like this is something i have spent little thought
on and you have spent no thought on and now we try to discuss it.