[PD] PD with Ubuntu Karmic - no sound

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Sat Nov 14 17:58:05 CET 2009

The problem is getting things working for newbies.  This has never
worked for me, but I haven't tried Karmic yet:

- install default Ubuntu setup
- install puredata.deb or pd-extended.deb
- launch pd using the GNOME menu item
- then check sound

This works on Mac OS X and Windows.  I am guessing that you don't run
pulseaudio, so that is a non-default config.  I still think a crappy
working config is a better default than a non-working config.

.hc