[PD] PD with Ubuntu Karmic - no sound

Ricardo Lameiro ricardolameiro at gmail.com
Sat Nov 14 18:04:14 CET 2009

That is true, but if you want realtime audio and low latency, you need to
use jack. And also, the firewire cards (at least the FFADO) work only in
Jack. I like the idea of having audio concurrency, which is very good for
day to day desktop use, but for professional audio that is not good. I think
that Linux shuldn't imitate the bad things in MAC and Windows. If you want
Pro audio, you use pro drivers and thas it. Asio came for some reason....

>>> http://alumni.media.mit.edu/~harrison/<http://alumni.media.mit.edu/%7Eharrison/>