[PD] Inconsistent creation in some objects

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 02:24:05 CET 2009

Howdy all,

I had a friend who had some trouble loading a couple of objects (beat and borax from maxlib).  We thought maybe the lib wasn't being loaded, but it was.  In the end, it seems the object will create but only with a certain number of args.  After it's created once, creating the same object without any args works fine.

I assume this behavior is due to some sort of initialization that needs to be done within maxlib ... but I thinks it's quite confusing.

Is there any sort of spec libs need to be written to?  If so, I think it should be mandatory that objects should always be able to be created with empty arguments.

Also, are there any other objects that do this or just some in maxlib?

--------
Dan Wilcox
danomatika.com
robotcowboy.com