[PD] pd-gui-rewrite testing

Rich E reakinator at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 19:55:07 CET 2009

Hi List, Hans,

I've been using the pd-gui-rewrite-0.43 svn for a couple days now and here
are some notes I've taken when finding various bugs (is the better sent to
the pd-dev list?):

• In Audio Settings, the text in the drop down menus is hardly visible
because it is very light grey
• there is a new menu item called 'apple' with "about pd" and preferences"
• editing an object name:
‣ moving with arrows adds a space to the end, but does not move within the
object name
• opening "about pd" gives an error:
‣ Error: can't read "pd_myversion": no such variable"
‣ an't read "pd_myversion": no such variable
can't read "pd_myversion": no such variable
    while executing
"regsub -all PD_VERSION $bigstring2 $pd_myversion bigstring3"
    (procedure "::pd_menucommands::menu_opentext" line 15)
    invoked from within
"::pd_menucommands::menu_opentext "$dirname/$basename""
    (".txt" arm line 1)
    invoked from within
"switch -- [string tolower [file extension $basename]] {
        ".txt"    {::pd_menucommands::menu_opentext "$dirname/$basename"
    (procedure "menu_doc_open" line 4)
    invoked from within
"menu_doc_open doc/1.manual 1.introduction.txt"
    (menu invoke)

I have some time on my hands now that I finished my Master's, and frankly I
think the pd-vanilla GUI is unpleasant, so I could learn tcl/tk and help
out, if needed.

rich