[PD] multiple pd versions and settings on OS X

Rich E reakinator at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 23:35:23 CET 2009

Hi,

I've been using several different versions of pd in OS X: Pd-extended
(packaged), Pd-vanilla (packaged), and pd-gui-rewrite (compiled).  Every
time I use vanilla or gui-rewrite, I need to set and save the audio
settings, which writes a plist settings file to ~/Library/Preferences/.
Then, when I start Pd-extended, it doesn't want to read the plist file
included with it, but reads this other 'local' one.

It would be great if there was some way to tell pd which plist file to
load.  I see there is an option '-noprefs', how about an open '-prefs
FILE'?  I know you could do this with a bash script or something similar,
but that just seems messy for OS X.  I was working on this in python/ubuntu,
but it was always cumbersome at best.

Rich