[PD] how to tell if pd is in the background/foreground

Rich E reakinator at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 02:21:32 CET 2009

I think [active] will tell you if the current patch is in the foreground or
background, but I needed something a little deeper.  Actually, a guy from
the wacom developer team sent me some example code on how to do this at an
'AppleEvents' level and I already have a wacom object of os x how I need it
(disconnected from the cursor, even when pd is in the background).
Supposedly this "isn't nice" to other apps, but hey, pd is more important
than them anyway :)

cheers,
Rich