[PD] pd-watchdog question

Ingo Scherzinger ingo at miamiwave.com
Tue Nov 17 17:54:11 CET 2009

>I am getting pd-watchdog signals during loading of a pd patch on a "-nogui"
system.

>I read that watchdog is trying to stop the pd thread to prevent lockup when
it can't get any pings to respond in time. Now the question is:

>Is it possible that there are portions of the pd patch not loading
correctly when this happens? BTW it happens with the "-rt" flag on and off.
And the patch is very large.

I just noticed the reason this might be happening is that I am starting some
other patches (samplervoices) during the initial loading of the patch which
need quite some time to load. But the question remains: can there be loading
errors because of that? And I do have some strange things happening with
this patch lately!

Ingo