[PD] Getting the best out of the rewrite (was: Re: pow~, etc. in Pd-extended 0.42.5)

Ivica Ico Bukvic ico.bukvic at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 01:06:28 CET 2009

> > Also, has the problem with [>~ ] and similar objects using special
> > characters been fixed in 0.42.5 (IIRC 0.41.4 had issues with these
> > so you
> > had to invoke those objects using hex ascii values).
>

> That's an issue with hexloader.  If you want to use those names, you
> need to load hexloader first.  I think you could do it like [import
> hexloader]
>
> .hc

This is what I get when trying to do [import hexloader] and try to
create [>~ ] object from zexy library. It seems to me that hexloader in
its current form is clearly not the solution and hence the lingering
questions are:

1) if hexloader is buggy/incomplete what will it take to fix it?
2) if you agree with me that in the interim pd-extended is effectively
broken what can be done to circumvent this problem to make it usable
until hexloader is fixed?

Ico

load_object: Symbol "0x3e0x7e_setup" not found
error: BUG: hexloader not loading
abstraction: /usr/lib/pd/extra/zexy/0x3e0x7e.pd (not yet implemented)
 >~
... couldn't create
load_object: Symbol "0x3e0x7e_setup" not found
error: BUG: hexloader not loading
abstraction: /usr/lib/pd/extra/zexy/0x3e0x7e.pd (not yet implemented)
 zexy/>~
... couldn't create