[PD] Getting the best out of the rewrite (was: Re: pow~, etc. in Pd-extended 0.42.5)

Ivica Ico Bukvic ico.bukvic at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 01:54:04 CET 2009

> 1) if hexloader is buggy/incomplete what will it take to fix it?
> 2) if you agree with me that in the interim pd-extended is effectively
> broken what can be done to circumvent this problem to make it usable
> until hexloader is fixed?

I guess I owe everyone an apology. I've recompiled the external and now
it for some reason works (perhaps I had a stale one lying around from a
previous 0.41.4 version running against 0.42.5? If so, how could this
have such an effect?)

This is what I get with the newly recompiled version:

hex loader $Revision: 1.5 $
	written by IOhannes m zmölnig, IEM <zmoelnig at iem.at>
	compiled on Nov 17 2009 at 19:30:48
	compiled against Pd version 0.42.5.extended
load_object: Symbol "0x3e0x7e_setup" not found
[>~] part of zexy-2.2.3 (compiled: Apr 29 2009)

Object still work ok, but is load_object: Symbol not found error
something to worry about? Is this perhaps because zexy has been compiled
potentially against a wrong version? Finally, how could I recompile it
by hand to produce individual objects rather than a single library?

Once again, my apologies for the noise. I would greatly appreciate any
insight on the newfound questions.

Many thanks!

Ico