[PD] Inconsistent creation in some objects

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Wed Nov 18 05:09:56 CET 2009

There are other objects that do that, but its best to not hve it that
way, IMHO.  IOhannes suggested fixing this on the internal side, but I
think its OK to handle it in the external itself.  If you make a
patch, submit it to the patch tracker.

.hc

On Nov 15, 2009, at 8:24 PM, Dan Wilcox wrote:

> Howdy all,
>
> I had a friend who had some trouble loading a couple of objects
> (beat and borax from maxlib).  We thought maybe the lib wasn't being
> loaded, but it was.  In the end, it seems the object will create but
> only with a certain number of args.  After it's created once,
> creating the same object without any args works fine.
>
> I assume this behavior is due to some sort of initialization that
> needs to be done within maxlib ... but I thinks it's quite confusing.
>
> Is there any sort of spec libs need to be written to?  If so, I
> think it should be mandatory that objects should always be able to
> be created with empty arguments.
>
> Also, are there any other objects that do this or just some in maxlib?
>
> --------
> Dan Wilcox
> danomatika.com
> robotcowboy.com

There is no way to peace, peace is the way.       -A.J. Muste