[PD] GUI switching control scenes

Marco Donnarumma devel at thesaddj.com
Thu Nov 19 13:05:39 CET 2009

Hi list,
i'm trying to understand how to build a user-friendly GUI within Pd and the
lack of enough space to place all elements is always blocking me.
Let's say i have my main interface (parent patch) 1024x768. All the surface
is occupied by sound controls.
Then i would like to have a toggle allowing me to switch among different
"scenes" (i.e. sound control, OSC controls, audio generators, ecc..), but
each scene should occupy the same space 1024x768 of the main interface in
the main parent patch.

I had a vague "success" juxtaposing GOP subpatches, but then what happens is
that you want to move a slider in the upper subpatch but you can easily move
also whatever GUI object lays below and this is obviously kinda too messy.
I was wondering if there is a way to dinamically change the name of a
subpatch while loaded, but i guess there should be simpler strategies...
any idea? anybody did it already?

thanks
cheers

--
Marco Donnarumma aka The !S.A.D!

Independent New Media Arts Professional, Performer, Teacher - Edinburgh, UK

LAB: http://www.thesaddj.com | http://cntrl.sourceforge.net |
http://www.flxer.net

EVENT: http://www.liveperformersmeeting.net