[PD] Pd Scene Change?

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 23:47:34 CET 2009

Howdy Patrick,

> From: "Pagano, Patrick" <pat at digitalworlds.ufl.edu>
> Date: November 19, 2009 11:30:36 PM GMT+01:00
> To: PD List <pd-list at iem.at>
> Subject: [PD] Pd Scene Change?
>
> Is there a way to make Pd behave similar to Isadora/SFX type products by having it “step” through different patches sequentially?
>
> Isadora uses “jumps” that are usually triggered by keyboard mappings, like space bar etc..
>
> SFX uses a “GO” button which pretty much does the same thing stepping through CUEs when clicked.
>
>  I would like to see if we could have 4 different pd patches and step through them with a keyboard or some external/HID input
>
> Has anyone done this already?  I am assuming qlist, but I would love to see a working example before I try to reinvent the wheel.

I have a similar setup where a master playlist contains a list of song patches.  I go from song to song by closing the current patch and loading the next.  I haven't abstracted the playlist functionality yet, but I have made the patch open and close abstraction ... [rc-openclose].  The playlist is basically just a wrapper for a [coll] object.

Transitions are rough (may cause clicks/dropouts), if anyone has a way to do a smooth transition when opening and closing a patch while audio is playing, please let me know.

Check it out in http://danomatika.com/software/rc-patches/ ...

--------
Dan Wilcox
danomatika.com