[PD] midi-out problem in jack/alsa

Raphael Raccuia rafael.raccuia at blindekinder.com
Fri Nov 20 00:16:54 CET 2009

IOhannes m zmölnig a écrit :

> Raphael Raccuia wrote:
>

>>> rectification: problem occurs also when DSP is off...
>>>
>> i noticed something like that very recently as well.
>>

> [ot] you have a weird mailer; indentation of quotes seems to be totally
> broken.

[ot]
??? it's thunderbird and seems to work fine
>> that was definitely meant as a feature.
>> since i noticed pretty soon that it can be avoiding as well (esp. when
>> autoconnecting to the MIDI-thru)
>>
>>> yes, especially midi-thru. I've just read the thread about autoconnect...
>>>

> the problem is simple:
> the default for dummy users should make all their midi gear appear on
> [midiin] and friends. so we want some way of autoconnection.
> when doing autoconnection we have zero possibilities to find out which
> device is useful and which is not; MIDI-thru makes most problems and you
> cannot reliably detect it (the name is arbitrary; the port is arbitrary
> as well); i have no idea why MIDI-thru is still so omnipreset: with
> alsa-seq you don't need it at all.

ok
>> , there is also a workaround: if you
>> tell Pd to create to alsaseq ports (even if you only use one of them),
>> it will not try to autoconnect.
>>

>>> How can I do that? searched on the web, but nothing...
>>>

> try this:
>
> $ pd -help 2>&1 | grep -i midi
>

> and _later_ this:
> $ pd -alsamidi -mididev 1,1

-alsamidi was already in my pd launcher, so I added -mididev 1,1 (and
then in .pdsettings):
works great, I have now two midi clients in alsa-tab (ch 1-16 & 17-32)
and no graph connection change
I still don't understand what 1,1 means.
Thank's for your help!
cheers