[PD] GEM: writing an image different from the one displayed

Matteo Sisti Sette matteosistisette at gmail.com
Thu Nov 26 17:28:00 CET 2009

Hi Jack

Sorry for the delay, I very much appreciate the patch you sent me in
response to my question, but only now I've been able to look at it.

Unfortunately, it does not do what I was looking for:
- first of all, nothing is rendered on screen until the moment when you
capture a snapshot, and after capturing it, nothing is displayed again.
I need to be able to always render the sceen, and save a snapshot only
when a "rec" toggle is activated
- second, even if the gemwin has a size of 800x600, the scene is
rendered at 1600x1200, so I only see a small portion of the scene, that
is exactly what I wanted to avoid

What I need is to have the very same image (which is an arbitrary scene
composed of rectangles with live stream from the camera, however that
does not matter very much) BOTH displayed at a low resolution, AND saved
into images at a higher resolution, but the whole image must be
displayed, not a portion of it.

The question is: is this possible at all?

Btw, the patch from Stéphan does not work either, it displays a black
screen and saves invalid tiff files that photoshop cannot even read; by
changing the image type to jpeg, I get black images saved.

Even looking at the patches, I don't understand well how
[gemframebuffer] and [pix_write] work and how to combine them together
(and with [separator] perhaps?) to get what I want......

Any further help will be greatly appreciated
thanks
m.

I have done this patch.
It works with a [gemwin] with [dimen 800 600( and capture a picture with
dimen = 1600x1200.
Hoping it helps.
++

Jack